Skip to main content

Jesus has overcome

"I have told you this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.~ John 16:33, NLT"

Look back in the past few year, I've seen many trails and sorrows over myself and others. People who lost their beloved one are in deep of sorrows. The difficulty of the country issues and economic problem that causes the whole world to be concern about ceasing income. Lots of challenging take place, and we handle it well sometimes. I found this Scriptures alive in my heart when it speaks about 'peace'. Through the difficulty of situation, I really need peace to be in my heart so that I can pressing on and be normal person.

Just the last day of the year 2008 I was depressed about my family situation. One person texts me message to say happy new year, but the message encouraged me so much as it says "may peace, love and hope are in you today, tomorrow and always".. I'm totally overwhelmed with the fact that Jesus is our peace, and he asks me to take heart because he has overcome the world. If Jesus is with me, I have peace! He is in all situation, and we can rely on him and the Father. Sometimes when we are focusing on the issue, we totally forget this truth.. I have to confess that I didn't have this attitude until God uses this Scripture to teach me again.

Please take heart because Jesus has overcome the world. May we always have peace because Jesus is our peace.

Love,
Gade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Control & Approval

During these intense 6 months of co-leading a YWAM training school, I have been learning and exploring tons of thing about who God is and about myself which I have to lay down myself in many ways. My intimate relationship with God has been developing since I took the FOCOS (Coaching Course with CMI), for I started to focus more on my quality time with God and learning to listen to him. In past 3 months, although there are so much works going on, I still learn to be still and know that God is God where I can't control any thing at all. Through this school, I wish I could be more prepared, the building would be perfect to run the school, all staffs would be ready to serve the school, and the students would learn and grow incredibly, but those are false expectations because God's plan and how he works in a whole group and individual are totally what we are experiencing now. There are tons of small thing occurs to make us discouraged, but I do learn to let thing go and depend on Go...

New Season Comes With The New Year!

Hello to the year 2020!! We are in the beginning of this new year with a huge change in my life and my family, for I am about 6 months pregnant. Hence we are expecting a son by the end of March or the beginning of April, so there are about 3 more months of this journey. Although we weren't plan on having a child, we knew deep in our hearts that God has placed this boy in our lives in a right timing, and this huge transition is going to move us in faith even further than what we could have thought of. Throughout these 6 months of being pregnant, I got to learn and experienced many thing that allows me to become more a mother-liked person. It began with what I recalled how my step mom miscarried her baby many time because she was working very hard, didn't get enough rest, and wasn't aware of what routine the pregnant woman shouldn't have done. I was young by that time, but I saw how my step mom suffer too much from grieving and kept pressing on having her own baby. As a ...

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 ESV There are many people in different generation refer to this specific scripture as their comforts, their hopes, and encouragement for others which is not wrong of doing it so, but recently I read this passage over and over until I have the deeper understanding with its context and meditate on it, so I want to write it down to remind myself and share it with you. The verse before this scripture is "For Thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will visit you, and I'll fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:10-11 ESV . God told Jeremiah to write a letter stating this passage in Jerusalem and send it to the survivi...