Skip to main content

Called To Be A Leader

In this world setting, being leader means you have worked your way up with all kind of hard works and receive approval from above authority where you have to watch out on your performance and any sign of failure. I once thought it would be the same in the mission world where we need approve from our leaders that we can be promoting to higher position. As I am taking the Leadership Development Course, I was taught with many information about being leader, learning your DISC personality type and discovering your spiritual gift. It didn't click until one morning I woke up and spent my time preparing myself to go through Timeline-Workshop in this Course. Earlier of that week, I was prompted by the Scriptures from Psalm 144:1-2 "Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hand for war, and my fingers for battle; he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me."The word 'trains' stood out to me, then later on in the class we walked through our own timelines and talked about where we were putting in the leadership position. I could see how God trains me in the leadership, and guess what one of my spiritual gift is also leadership. Then I realize it wasn't me that trying to become a leader, but it is my calling to be leader. Leader that I am referring here is not meant for position, but it is meant to be who influence others for God's purpose. Looking back on my own timeline, I totally agree how God walked me through many training and preparing me to embrace this calling in my life. My response to God is 'yes' I'll take on my calling to be leader who influence others to accomplish God's purpose. Most part of leadership that I enjoy growing is mentoring others because it naturally comes out as who I am. I realize that I also need mentoring to grow in many area of my life as well, so I am going to trust that I am able to receive mentoring and mentoring others to accomplish God's purpose. I highly recommend to anyone who is in the leadership position for quite awhile. You need to know yourself well so that you know how to lead and mentor people around you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wilderness

Have you ever wondered how many challenged you need to go through each year? What about your hope for future? Will it ever come true when it seemly nothing can make it happen? I want to say that I'm good enough, I've been through many thing that I can stand firm and don't lose my mind. I don't care what happen in the future, for I know my God is able to do. I fail to totally trust that my circumstances is not a big deal. Once again, I have to encourage myself through the book of Philippians, for it talks about being rejoice. I admit how worry I am and try to work out in my own way. I saw a picture of myself building up such a strong mountain to conquer all the optical, but when I worshiped God during the Conference, I just realized my mountain become its optical for taking me to another level of trusting God. God told me that he will make my mountain flat, and I'm in this wilderness, so that I'll realize who God is and how amazing he is. A big challenging fo

A biblical worldview

Hey, Just wanna drop a line that I'm doing ok.. Kinda busy with bible study in Galatians with our brand new Bangkok DTS , with work and with the preparation for the trip. I'm so exciting and can't imagine that I have only one month left before we jump on the airplane.. Thing is getting along in God's way, and I'm so proud of his wonderful plans. If you want to pray for us as a team, you can pray for another 130,000 baht is giving toward this trip for us and for us to be unify in God's perfect plan. I don't really share much about my heart for doing bible study. I found my strength of a person who always seeking for knowledge, and I'm not surprise when I feel I wanna do the School Of Biblical Studying. It wasn't because I want to be a preacher at all, but I truly wanna have more understanding of the bible and how I can live out in what I believe. I'm praying right now where I shall go to and what the right time for me is. This week I just gave m

Hope

It seems like I'm not doing good on posting stuff for my blog, but there are so many thing that I really enjoy and like to share though. The last couple month had been a challenge time to me to be thoughtful of my future and my vision. I ended up determining to study Bible, and it's because I need God's truth in my life so much. The course will be in February, and it's only 4 month course digging in the New Testament. I have a hard time with communication my feeling, my emotion and being honest. I can be with God, but still I like to hide my feeling from others. I disobey God for once, and now it causes me in suffering in relationship with my friend. I wish I could turn back to that time, and I wouldn't hold any thing against my friend at all.. Poor Gade, but I'm lifting up head to the hope in the Lord because he is my counselor. The Christmas season is coming, and I can't believe that Bangkok is cold right now. I beg God to let Bangkok cold at least a mon